Head of Government Relations
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Legal
The Legal department at Gemini is making history, paving the way when it comes to applying the legacy of law to the future of money. On this team, we tackle complex and unprecedented applications of the current legal system to the revolutionary industry of cryptocurrency. At Gemini, Legal plays a critical role in guiding innovation and driving value for the business, while upholding our core tenets of security, compliance, and trust for our customers. Join us and help define the Legal Department of the Future.
The Role: Head of Government Relations
We are seeking a seasoned government affairs professional — our first external hire in this role. This person will lead and grow an effective government relations practice that accelerates Gemini's growth across the world and supports our mission. The ideal candidate is both an architect and a builder: you can craft a strategy (state and federal) and also roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You are an expert communicator and collaborator, and you are motivated by accountability to deliver clear results. Importantly, you will develop a regulatory approach that builds trust in and goodwill for Gemini — trust is our product.
- Develop winning regulatory strategies. We’ll look to you to get up to speed on our business, industry, and regulatory affairs priorities quickly. From there, you’ll architect the strategies, campaigns, and repeatable playbooks that mitigate challenges and accelerate our business.
- Effectively execute on multiple workstreams. You’ll own and oversee all aspects of implementation and execution of those winning strategies. This will require you to be both a master project manager and strong individual contributor with a ‘no job too small’ mindset.
- Hire and manage the talent. You’ll select, onboard and manage external advisors as-needed. You’ll ensure they’re working in lock-step with our business, checking in regularly to update them on the latest, calibrating and coordinating on state-level efforts, and driving them toward desired outcomes. Over time, you will have the opportunity to grow an in-house team, too.
- Represent Gemini externally. You’ll serve as our primary external representative to interface with elected officials, regulators, policymakers, their staff, and other influential third party organizations and thought leaders.
- Develop compelling assets. You’ll draft and edit official brand materials including one-pagers, op-eds, policy proposals, comments on regulations, requests for information, formal correspondence, briefing materials, and more. You’ll ensure these assets are always aligned with our brand and consistent with our regulatory positions.
- Partner with the business. A key part of your success will rely on having a deep understanding of how crypto and Gemini work, from both a product and organizational perspective. You’ll also need to ensure teams are supporting our regulatory priorities and positions. This will require you to cultivate strong relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in government relations, representing fast-growing companies in heavily regulated industries
- Fluency in English
- Strong knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology and financial services; prior experience working in finance, fintech, and crypto a plus
- Proven ability to get up to speed on a complex business and regulatory environment quickly, translating that knowledge into effective programs
- Strong collaboration skills: a team player who adeptly manages internal stakeholders, secures their buy-in, and brings collaborators along for the ride
- Exceptional communication skills; mastery of clear, compelling writing and presentation in any setting; magical ability to simultaneously persuade and build trust
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with accountability to clear targets, deadlines and outcomes; execution-focus with a ‘no job too small’ mentality, and an ability to flawlessly juggle multiple priorities at once;
- Track record of strategic thinking and ability to see around corners and architect a clear plan that takes into account short-term objectives while preserving long-term optionality
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.