Government Contracts Manager
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City with over 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are a detail-oriented and motivated government contracts professional that thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You are able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and shifting priorities.
You have extensive experience interfacing with both public sector sales and legal organizations in responding to Requests for Quotes (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP), the review and negotiation of government contracts, and the delivery of services to federal, state and local governments. An in-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS) and experience developing offers for GSA Schedule vehicles is a plus.
As our first Government Contracts Manager, you will be the point person on responding to RFQs and RFPs and proactively building out the required procurement infrastructure within a priority list of the largest U.S. states and cities, in addition to the federal government. You will also be responsible for the performance of government contracts that impact Dataminr's ability to meet revenue objectives, sales goals, growth plans and audit requirements. You will initiate, track and monitor contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, and maintain associated documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements.
- Support Sales teams in reviewing and completing RFQs, RFPs and other forms of solicitations for Dataminr's services, including analyzing proposal requirements, preparing appropriate responses and facilitating proposal process
- Be an expert on procurement processes within certain U.S. states and cities, in addition to the federal government (i.e., spending thresholds, contracting vehicles)
- Monitor and ensure Dataminr's compliance with its contractual, statutory and regulatory obligations under company schedules and policies, other government contract vehicles and FAR
- Respond to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Identify, avoid and mitigate risks and issues pertaining to the review and negotiation of Dataminr's legal agreements that arise from our work with government entities
- Review and manage contractual obligations of the parties, providing continual review to ensure all terms and conditions are met
- Assist in the discussion and modification of standard terms and conditions for contracts
- Serve as liaison between Public Sector teams and Legal, escalating matters when necessary
- Facilitate the overall communication process when revisions to existing or negotiated contracts become necessary
- Maintain contract and proposal tracking, filing, reporting, copying and shipping
- Develop and integrate contract management tools, templates, methods and processes
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a contracts professional in the federal, state and local government marketplace
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) certification a plus
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of federal, state and local government contracts; electronic proposals; public sector contract file systems; government contract audits and close-outs
- Experience working with large and complex contracts where the firm is the prime contractor to the government
- Knowledge of drafting contractual documents, terms and conditions in accordance with firm policy, terms found in the prime contracts and the FAR and GSA schedule acquisition methods
- Extensive research skills pertaining to the public sector marketplace and active/inactive government contracts
- Proposal writing experience and previous interaction with sales organizations a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a SaaS/high-growth technology environment a plus
- Ability to work efficiency in a high-growth, fast-paced organization
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.