Counsel (Commercial, Technology Transactions & Privacy)
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Grubhub is seeking an Attorney in our New York or Chicago office. In this role you will be responsible for managing, negotiating, drafting and overseeing a variety of complex and cutting-edge commercial, marketing and technology matters and agreements, as well as strategic partnerships and customer contracts. As part of the legal team, you will work closely across multiple functions, including sales, marketing and business development. You will also review marketing materials and work closely with marketing on contests and promotions. Finally, you will ensure compliance with laws and regulations dealing with intellectual property and privacy and will be responsible for the oversight of our intellectual property portfolio.
The ideal candidate is a business-minded commercial attorney who understands business objectives and helps balance legal risks under tight deadlines. This person is also a creative problem-solver with a great attitude and a team player who is collaborative and yet comfortable making decisions.
You Should Have
- JD degree with strong academic credentials
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department with experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements (in-house experience preferred but not required)
- Complex technology agreement experience
- Must have privacy experience
- Member in good standing of the New York (or Illinois, as applicable) state bar
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
- Ability and desire to work autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.