WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
Attorney will partner with global teams across our varied businesses to provide legal advice in connection with a wide variety of operational activities, with a focus on intellectual property, product/trademark licensing, internet, marketing, and consumer laws. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel and be part of the team focused on intellectual property matters. The individual will interface with organizational partners and third party partners at all levels in support of domestic and international business initiatives. Over time, the candidate will be exposed to a wide range of substantive areas of the law and have an opportunity to develop generalist skills.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate wide range of agreements, including license, co-marketing, agency, celebrity, sponsorship, publishing and technology agreements
- Partner with internal teams to review new products, packaging, names and designs and work with IP team to clear and protect new brands and designs
- Monitor and protect the company's valuable intellectual property and assist with investigating infringements, sending cease and desist letters and managing related litigation
- Advise businesses on legal compliance of marketing campaigns in all media, including digital and social with a focus on claims, offers, and general FTC compliance
- Partner with Operations teams to advise on legal issues presented by new digital products, payment methods, website/mobile app sign-up redesigns, special bundled offers, changes to meeting room experience
- JD degree from accredited law school, admission to the New York bar preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in at least one of the following areas of expertise: IP, internet or advertising law.. Some in-house experience desired but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities within a fast-paced environment with compressed timelines.
- Creative problem solver who operates through a lens of risk mitigation while supporting and advancing business goals with sound legal and business judgment
- Team player who builds relationships through collaboration, approachability, trust and credibility
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.