The Corporate Counsel will be a key member of the legal team assisting with, and in many cases managing, the corporate legal functions that power Knotel, including with respect to mergers and acquisitions, international expansion, employment, corporate governance and other transactional and commercial matters. S/he will also be responsible for assisting with certain ongoing strategic matters and transactions. This position reports to our Senior Counsel, Corporate.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support to Knotel’s corporate transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions of both domestic and foreign entities, partnership agreements, joint ventures, and international structuring. This includes coordinating among the legal, finance, and corporate development teams and external counsel.
- For strategic transactions, assist with deal structuring, plan and assist with due diligence, draft and negotiate deal agreements, and actively manage deal process and execution.
- Support corporate governance matters, including subsidiary formation and administration.
- Manage relationships with outside counsel and assist cross-functional workstreams with internal departments.
- Provide support on corporate governance best practices, including assistance on general board and shareholder matters, the formation of corporate governance policies, securities filings, and coordination of stock or equity issuances.
- Assist with expansion into new markets, including working with local counsel.
- Draft, review and negotiate customer sales agreements, commercial partnership agreements, and services agreements.
- Build and manage machinery and tools that can scale to keep up with Knotel’s rapid growth.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and product driven mindset. You’re excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business and this role is exciting to you because you want to build and improve internal process, policies and products at high growth company. You pride yourself on your judgment and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making. You’re detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs, and thrive in fast-paced outcomes-driven organizations. You also have the following:
- Have at least 3-5 years experience in a top law firm with corporate transactional work, ideally with clients that are technology-driven startup and/or growth companies. In-house experience is also a plus.
- Hands on experience with technology transactions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters.
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school and exceptional academic credentials.
- Are a member in good standing of the New York bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York.
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey.
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.