Compliance Associate (NY)
Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. (Check out our Twitter feed for the latest news and information.)
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year.
- You have 2-4 years of compliance experience under your belt
- You have a fundamental understanding of local anti-money laundering and sanctions regulations.
- You have experience with multiple Compliance functions, including transaction monitoring, client onboarding, KYC, SARs, etc
- You have strong writing capabilities where deliverables are to be reviewed by regulators, auditors and law enforcement.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and tech-oriented environment within a global team setting.
- You embody our culture and values
- Experience with Excel and data analytic tools is highly preferable.
- You will execute all objectives of the entire Compliance program, including transaction monitoring and investigations, client onboarding and customer due diligence, SARs, sanctions screening, vendor management, training, etc.
- You will effectively coordinate with business and operational teams through the client onboarding approval process to provide an optimal customer experience while maintaining our regulatory obligations with regards to customer identification.
- You will actively partner with global functional teams to execute shared compliance-specific projects and responsibilities.