As part of our Legal Team, the Commercial Counsel will be charged with working with Senior Counsel to work with our fast growing enterprise business, while also assisting in a wide range of commercial, technology, privacy and other complex matters across various business lines. You will have the opportunity to work closely with business counterparts throughout the organization on creating the legal machinery necessary for Knotel to continue scaling at a rapid pace in the US and internationally.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the Senior Counsel in developing long-term strategies and goals for Knotel’s global legal operations
- Provide practical legal advice to business functions in the US and internationally, with an emphasis on sales, operations, marketing, product, and commercial transactions generally
- Collaborate in the continuing development of a scalable business-centric “machine” to draft, negotiate and administer various enterprise sales, partnerships, vendor, licensing, and other complex agreements, using your experience to help define business terms and structure deals in a way that drives Knotel's growth
- Advise various Knotel teams on a full range of issues related to commercial contracting, software licensing, intellectual property, privacy, and data security, including compliance and implementation of various policies both domestically and internationally
- Counsel and educate teams on negotiation best practices, commercial implications and legal risks across various business lines
- Develop, implement and manage contract and document management strategies (including leveraging smart contract and related technology) that provide critical business intelligence to the organization
- Analyzing and leveraging data to increase efficiency across various legal workstreams
- Adapt existing approaches for Knotel’s continued rapid international expansion
Who You Are:
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and product driven mindset. You’re excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business and this role is exciting to you because you want to build and improve internal processes, policies and products at a high growth company. You pride yourself on your judgement and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making. You’re detail-oriented, excel at communicating complex issues to business leaders succinctly and persuasively, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs. You also have the following:
- Have at least 3-6 years experience in commercial and technology transactions, including litigation management exposure, ideally at a top law firm and in-house
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school and exceptional academic credentials
- Are a member in good standing of the New York bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.