Associate General Counsel
Movable Ink is looking for a business savvy Assistant or Associate General Counsel (“AGC”), depending on experience, to contribute to our growing legal team. The AGC will be a strategic partner to various departments, including Sales, Business Development, Partnerships and Product, and will handle a broad range of responsibilities. The ideal candidate loves to draft and negotiate complex contracts and will appreciate how they fit into the critical operations of a fast-growing, innovative, global start-up. The AGC will provide advice on product development and support our compliance with evolving privacy and data security laws. This is a great opportunity to help shape the future of a Silicon Alley technology company.
One year from now you will have:
- Independently negotiated complex commercial agreements integral to the business, including customer contracts with enterprise brands, as well as contracts with a wide variety of vendors, technology partners and resellers.
- Become an expert in Movable Ink’s products and translated your understanding of applicable regulations into actionable guidance for the business.
- Mastered the priorities and values of Movable Ink and delivered business solutions and guidance in accordance with those priorities.
- Optimized systems supporting legal workflows and compliance.
- Provide business-minded legal advice to teams throughout Movable Ink and senior leadership.
- Independently draft, revise and negotiate complex commercial contracts integral to the business.
- Gain a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including the CCPA and GDPR, and the ability to translate that understanding into actionable guidance for business teams.
- Support international expansion of the business.
- Contribute to the formulation of playbook positions and the continuous improvement of department processes and templates.
- Handle a wide variety of other demands and projects, big and small, that arise in a growing in-house legal department.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in corporate transactional work, with a preference for at least 2 years of in-house legal experience with growing businesses, ideally with experience navigating privacy laws and issues in a commercial context.
- Excellent business judgment; intellectual curiosity and the ability to balance legal and business requirements.
- Exceptional at drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach; comfortable thinking quickly on your feet.
- Experience in or demonstrated interest in technology companies.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, manage and prioritize projects with deadlines, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to operate autonomously and work collaboratively as a team player with sales and other internal business partners.
- JD from accredited law school.
- Admission and member in good standing of the bar of New York or the necessary qualifications to register as in-house counsel.