IT Solutions Manager
What do computers eat as a snack? If you believe that microchips and Bagel Bytes are both acceptable answers, we want you on our team.
As the ideal candidate for this role at Updater, you’re always questioning, always wondering, and above all, always tinkering. You never look at a software based on the features it currently has, you look at it based on what it should have. You are always looking for the next great thing, and it’s here – IT Solutions Manager at Updater.
Scaling a company is hard, but you make it easier because you’ve thought of everything. We take a pragmatic approach at Updater, using software to scale, rather than people. You will report to our TechOps team overseen by our technical COO and you’ll work directly with the tech, success, marketing, and sales teams to come up with eloquent solutions to tough problems.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage our G-Suite infrastructure (Business) and help us think outside the box to solve inherent problems with G-Suite. Experience with scripting inside of Google Apps is a huge plus.
- Manage Updater’s IT inventory and networks
- Apple Computers and Accessories
- Cisco Meraki Security Appliances, Switches, and Access Points
- A/V Equipment including Cameras, Video Conferencing Tech, and Audio Equipment
- Monitors and all associated cables and adapters
- Procurement, Configuration and Deployment of all new hire hardware and software with extensively leveraging Automation where applicable, as well as manage onboarding documentation
- Create and maintain documentation of our office equipment
- Prepare and coordinate A/V equipment for team meetings and offsites
- Provide technical support when needed to NYC-based and remote employees
- Managing our internal help desk partner as well as organizing, responding to, and solving on premise tech issues as they arise
What You Have:
- Expert knowledge of OSX (extensive use + troubleshooting)
- Recent experience with all GSuite products and features including Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, the standard admin console, as well as third-party admin interfaces
- Familiarity with Zapier
- Some experience with Windows
- Advanced knowledge querying in MySQL
- Experience implementing and managing Cloud-managed security appliances
- Experience implementing SaaS systems (some we already use include Salesforce, Marketo, Intercom, DocuSign, and Domo)
- Some A/V knowledge, particularly in support of off sites and conference rooms
- Excellent communication skills
- A pragmatic approach to your work and problem-solving
A Month at Updater Might Include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent, and we offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, transportation subsidies, and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.