Visual Design Intern - Summer 2019
Squarespace is looking for an Intern to join our Visual Design Team in New York this summer. Our design team is at the foundation of every new project from designing award-winning templates and visualizing new product features, right through to concepting new design systems and products for our customers. We foster an entrepreneurial yet supportive environment where design defines us, ideas can come from anywhere, and execution is everything.
An understanding of contemporary design is a necessity for designers working within this group. You will need to be driven and intrinsically motivated to identify areas of opportunity to design and prototype in an environment where experimentation is encouraged.
- Research and design concepts for projects that are usable, beautiful, and marketable
- Work collaboratively with other designers to tackle complex design problems
- Work closely with developers during build processes
- Work with stakeholders in other departments (product design, strategy, engineering, marketing) to understand business objectives and provide solutions through design
- Work collaboratively with our content studio to create beautiful visual content
- Participate throughout a project’s entire creative process
- A portfolio showcasing a knowledge of graphic design ideally with a focus in digital design
- Personal projects that display a high level of drive and passion for creativity and design in general, preferred
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and come up with ideas that are relevant and enticing
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details
- Knowledge of current trends in design and technology
- Understanding of traditional graphic design principles and how they apply to contemporary digital design
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.