Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About the role:
The role of the venues intern is to support the Venues team with critical data quality and data coverage projects.
The internship will last for 4 months and will require a full 40 hour week for the duration of the intern program. Candidates will need to be able to start immediately, as this is not a summer internship.
- Use internal tools to create manual place shapes for malls, airports, car dealerships, etc.
- Gather information on the number of expected venues we should find for our Top 1,000 chains
- Analyze the gap between expected venues and actual venues in our database
- Deep dives on specific chains to validate that our venue-level firmographic data is correct
- Help complete manual store harmonization work and/or manual store eval work
- Gather ‘training sets’ for venues models
- Support ad hoc analyses for large partners, e.g. Apple, Uber, hedge funds
- Analyze chain coverage in targeted international markets to support Pinpoint and Place Insights
- Help build out our mapping of Ticker Symbol Chain name
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Familiarity with using the internet to research a topic
- Experience working Mac OS and Google Suite Products is a plus
- Interest in Location-based technology is a plus
Read Full Job Description