UI Design Intern (Summer 2019)
Peloton is seeking a Product UI Design Intern to take a supportive role in the creation of interactive interfaces for our core engagement products: such as the Peloton web and mobile apps, the Peloton Bike, and the Peloton Tread.
You will be supporting and learning from a team of talented creatives focused on interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how Peloton’s engagement products “look” and “feel”. You’ll be working on a fast moving team that’s rapidly changing the face of fitness industry.
Note: Along with your Resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are looking for an undergraduate or graduate student with a background in UI design that is able to commit at least 20 hours a week for a minimum of 8 weeks.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work closely and collaboratively with a Senior UI Designer, UX designer, and Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Help maintain design systems, files and libraries in conjunction with the wider Product UI Design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Iterate and offer versions based on design critique or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion to enhance UI.
- Execute UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- QA developed software for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
- Strong visual design aesthetic.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant design experience.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design and prototyping tools. After Effects or other motion graphics tools are a plus.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Focused and dedicated to how products “look” and “feel”.
- Design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Collaborative and iterative approach to product design.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- Building element-based UI design library and style guide.
- Designing for: native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; experiences arger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.