Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
Developers at Work & Co work in small, highly collaborative teams to create visionary digital products and experiences that people use everyday. They work closely with designers, product managers, strategists, and QA Analysts to concept, prototype, and execute on a range of products. Join us as we help our clients redefine entire industries.
As a Technology Intern, you will be paired with a member of our development team and work on real Work & Co projects, writing production quality code for our diverse roster of clients. In addition to your day to day work, you will attend a number of workshops with other interns to learn about the digital product space and the contributions of other disciplines at Work & Co. This is a great opportunity to work on engagements alongside company partners as well as the top designers and engineers in the industry. Along the way, you will learn the details of developing products — from prototyping to production — as you partner with innovative clients like Apple, Google, Epic Games, Equinox, and Lyft.
The internship will run from June 3rd to August 23rd.
What You Can Expect to Do
- You will work on real projects
- Apply best practices around topics including accessibility and performance
- Test and debug your work to deliver performant, readable and maintainable code
- Gain experience validating and optimizing client-side applications on different browsers and devices
- Receive regular mentorship from your assigned project lead, and day-to-day support from your team members
- Participate in your team’s code review process to submit and receive feedback on pull requests
What We’re After
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying websites
- Experience writing semantic HTML
- Solid grasp of CSS
- Experience commiting code to a version control system i.e. Git
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design principles to create fluid and flexible user interfaces
- Familiarity implementing high-quality UI based off a Photoshop or Sketch file
- Strong organizational skills and eye for detail
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate ideas, challenges and potential opportunities day-to-day
- Nice to have: A basic understanding of build systems such as Webpack, Gulp or Parcel
- Nice to have: Personal projects or strong contributions to Open Source projects that show a passion for engineering and products
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.