StartUp Health Fellowship - NYC
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2019 Fellowship program, which begins in early October. For consideration, please apply by July 15th.
The StartUp Health Fellowship is an immersive 12-week experience at our global headquarters in NYC. If you are passionate about the intersection of health, technology and entrepreneurship, we want to hear from you! The Fellowship is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, post-grads and those looking to gain digital health experience.
Unlike traditional internships where your days are spent on Starbucks runs, mundane tasks making copies (and dare we say, sending faxes!), our Fellowship provides access and exposure to the entrepreneurs and industry innovators working to transform health. Learn about how to grow and scale a digital health startup through immersive coaching sessions and workshops alongside portfolio company founders, identify global industry stakeholders, analyze industry funding activity and trends, evaluate prospective companies for the Academy, contribute to media/brand efforts, and much more. Fellows are awarded a $1,500 stipend at the completion of the program.
What Past Fellows Are Saying:
- "Learned more about the digital health industry, our portfolio companies, and what a startup needs to grow and become successful than I ever could've imagined. I am forever inspired by the high energy everyone at StartUp Health has."
- "The skills we learned last summer definitely helped me talk intelligently about and show our passion for innovation in the healthcare space during the job search process."
- "A great way to dive into the digital health movement and interact with exciting entrepreneurs and industry professionals."
- "Coming from medical school, the Fellowship has provided me with insight into the world of healthcare startups and venture funding that I’ve hardly been exposed to."
- "Coming back to school this semester has been exciting as I'm able to rave about my experience with StartUp Health to anyone who asks how my summer was."
- "Opened my eyes to how a modern business really operates."
StartUp Health Fellows have gone on to full-time roles and internships at leading global organizations including Amazon, Deloitte, Google, Yahoo, Goldman Sachs, athenahealth, Navigant, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Roivant and StartUp Health!
About StartUp Health:
In 2011, StartUp Health introduced a new model for transforming health by investing in a global army of coachable entrepreneurs to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. StartUp Health has the world’s largest digital health portfolio (more than 290 companies spanning six continents, and 24 countries and 70 cities), and is organizing this rapidly growing army along with the world’s ‘batteries included’ leaders, innovators, and investors to achieve Health Moonshots each of which can impact at least a billion people. Founded by Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes, StartUp Health is chaired by former Time Warner CEO Jerry Levin. Notable strategic partners and investors include Advocate Aurora Health Care, Bayer, Chiesi, Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, GuideWell, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Masimo, Novartis, Otsuka, Ping An and SeventySix Capital. Learn more at startuphealth.com.