Social Media Intern - Summer 2018
Do you get depressed when you posted a photo and it only gets two likes? Do you feverishly check Twitter for the latest news? Have you helped develop a brand's voice on Insta? Can you determine if we're getting likes or actually driving value? If so, great! This may be the social media internship you've always dreamed of!
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC and the leader in revolutionizing how Americans move from one home to another, the Updater team gets pretty busy. We need a brilliant Social Media Intern to help our marketing team maintain and implement our social media marketing plan.
As our Social Media Intern, you'll regularly help our team create, adapt and schedule content, analyze and draw actionable insights from our social data, identify new opportunities by keeping a pulse on our industries, and build a truly engaged community around our brand. This full-time summer internship is an excellent opportunity for any graduate or undergraduate marketing student looking to gain experience with a powerhouse marketing and content team. On a typical day, you'll be doing anything and everything from scheduling evergreen posts, acting as an extension of our PR team, testing and analyzing post results, and much more. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to work on a side project of your choosing and own its execution from start to finish.
- Create and maintain exceptional social content and our content calendar
- Grow our followers and engagement to positively impact Updater's brand
- Collaborate with internal teams to create an industry-leading social calendar
- Monitor and respond to social comments
- Capitalize on opportunistic news and tactfully newsjack
- Analyze social data and share reports with the Marketing team
- ... and much more!
- You’re a graduate student, or a rising junior or senior looking for a hands-on social media gig with an innovative tech company
- You have extensive experience managing social media accounts for brands
- You have impeccable grammar and believe in the power of a well-placed Oxford Comma
- You’re extremely detail- and goal-oriented
- You like working on a fast-paced, friendly team
- You’ve moved at least once in your life and dream of a world where moving doesn’t suck
- You can work from our HQ in Union Square
A month at Updater might include:
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Dogs in the office!
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with other teams at Updater
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
- This is a paid internship
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.