Robotics Test Engineering Co-Op Intern - Fall 2019
* This is a full-time fall co-op internship based in New York City. Latch does not provide housing or a relocation stipend for interns. Additionally, this intern must be able to commit to working full-time over the semester; 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a Robotics Test Engineering Intern for the Fall 2019 semester, to work alongside our Robotics Team to design, develop, and integrate our robotic test systems for Latch products. The robotic system will be used to simulate the daily interactions that Latch products face in the field and gather data to guarantee their reliability and security. The engineering team works in a fast-paced and highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, you’ll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work with our Robotics Test Engineer & Mechanical Engineers to design automatic robotic systems, and test and monitor complete hardware and software systems
- Develop architecture of the robotic system and various scripts to run tests'
- Develop data visualizations to evaluate the performance of Latch robots and Latch devices
- Automate existing manual tests and develop new tests
- Identify and document bugs
- Create detailed and well-structured test plans
- Investigate new technologies for testing of next-generation products
- Currently pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or Computer Science
- Experience working with Python, SQL, and/or Linux
- Familiarity with mechanical design and Solidworks
- Interest in data visualization & business intelligence tools
- Hands-on lab experience including data acquisition, electronic testing, 3D printing
- Experience bug tracking, managing projects, identifying root-cause issues, and addressing integration concerns.
- Demonstrated passion, initiative, innovation, and creativity
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.