Research Internship (Part Time)
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading private equity investors. We're looking for an Intern to join our Research team on a paid part-time basis for at least 20 hours per week, but not to exceed more than 29 hours per week for the remainder of 2019 with the potential to convert to full-time in 2020. If you are interested in learning more about pre-IPO companies and love to conduct in depth research and write, let’s talk!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served 150+ premier tech and digital health companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 7500+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct market research and competitive positioning analysis
- Deep dives on individual tech companies to build company profiles
- Build capitalization tables using information found in public filings
- Create thoughtful written analyses for EquityZen’s internal and external research clients
THE RIGHT STUFF
- Should be on track to receive a degree in Spring 2020 through Spring 2021 or a recent graduate looking to start their career
- Desire to learn about tech companies across markets and industry verticals
- Basic understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts
- Strong experience in MS Office (PPT, XLS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior experience in fundamental investment research or analysis
- Prior experience in financial services, technology, or venture capital
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- Knowledge of VC-backed companies and their investors
- Insight into the key elements of valuing venture-backed investments
- Experience researching non-public companies and improving on your writing skills
- Opportunity to work alongside smart, passionate, mission-focused people that also knows how to have fun
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Read Full Job Description