Product Designer: Intern
Oscar Product Design is a growing, fast-paced team that is revolutionizing healthcare by making complex information intuitive, easy to understand, and human. As a Product Design intern, you’ll spend your summer working closely with our teams of designers, engineers, and product managers. You’ll learn about the company and build upon your skills with real world experiences. During your internship you will help build the next-generation of internal tools and consumer experiences that power our entire organization.
We’d love to hear about your experiences and interests to see if Oscar’s Product Design Internship program is a good fit for you!
What you’ll do:
- Pair with designers on your team to learn about the product design process
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and PMs to ideate on possible solutions
- Participate in user research to validate hypotheses and design decisions
- Design digital experiences that are both intuitive and beautiful
- Give and garner feedback from other designers and your team
- Work directly with your team to see projects through from start to finish
What we are looking for:
- Strong desire to learn from designers around you and about Oscar
- Sharp eye for detail and strong organizational skills
- Examples of projects demonstrating design fundamentals, such as typography, layout, color, grids, and interaction behaviors
- Desire to gather feedback early and often
- Overly communicative and proactive about your work
- Ability to articulate the reasons behind your design decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Flexible in a fast-changing startup environment (able to “roll with the punches”)
- Capable of balancing user and business needs
We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. Oscar has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a note with links to your work and experience. We’d love to hear from you!
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.