Operations Intern, Meetup Experiences
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities — something that couldn’t be more important right now in our world, and in the tech industry.
We are seeking an Operations Intern on the new Meetup Experiences team. This team identifies, experiments, de-risks and seeks to scale new business models and features that unlock growth for Meetup and maximize our impact on lives. This is an opportunity to work at a start-up within the company, on some of the most transformative, innovative initiatives at Meetup.
In this role, you will:
- Be part of the new, exciting internal venture: Meetup Experiences
- Support members of the team involved in product, customer support, marketing, business and sales operations
- Support inbound/outbound sales including organizer lead generation, proactive outreach, phone interviews, vetting of organizers, and organizer onboarding
- Ensure that organizer applications are clear and include all necessary information
- Review and edit content/copy as needed for new Meetup Experiences
- Ensure that organizer experiences are active with maximum availability
- Coordinate any necessary creative, photographer, videographer or legal work
- Be responsible for part of Supply and Demand customer service
You should be someone who:
- Has an interest in business operations
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Pays extreme attention to details
- Has strong project management skills
- Has experience working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Has the ability to work independently as well as to accept direction on given assignments
If the above describes you and your passions, apply, we want to hear from you! Cover letter and resume are required for your application. Tell us your story, we want to know who you are!
Eligibility: You are pursuing a Bachelor's (junior or senior year) or Master's degree; or have otherwise demonstrated professional level experience. This internship runs approximately 10 to 12 weeks (June 2019 through August 2019).