Marketing and Events Intern - Summer 2018
Did you plan your school’s biggest concert of the year? Did you market it like a champ?? Could you do it again without skipping a beat?
Great – this is the perfect internship for you.
As the Marketing and Events Intern at Updater, you’ll work with our marketing and sales departments to assist in the planning and execution of trade shows and sales events, including pre-show planning and post-event wrap up. Additionally, you’ll contribute to marketing projects, including creating content for our blog and social media, performing business outreach and development, and assisting in the design and creation of marketing collateral and email campaigns.
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech startups in Silicon Alley, and we’re looking for an amazing intern who’s looking to gain real life exposure to the inner workings of a thriving New York City startup. This internship is an excellent opportunity to work on projects that will meaningfully support our business goals and scalability.
Plus, you’ll work alongside an extremely dedicated and motivated team that’s not afraid to pull long hours, but that truly loves working together (team outings, Friday lunches, and team dancing/karaoke are all part of the job). And the best part? You’ll walk away with a concrete set of professional, transferable skills.
- Coordinate trade show logistics, including working with event partners
- Produce and manage content for our various blogs and social media
- Communicate and track critical deadlines
- Contribute effective ideas to improve existing processes and actively seek solutions
- And much more!
- You have experience event planning
- You have experience writing blog posts and social media posts
- You excel at managing competing priorities and deadlines
- You’re extremely detail oriented and have excellent written and communication skills
- You can commit to working in our NYC office one or more full days per week
- You're a Junior or Senior in college (preferred)
A month at Updater might include:
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Dogs in the office!
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with other teams at Updater
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
- This is a paid internship.
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.