Do you want to learn how to become an effective business and technology lawyer and be mentored by experienced lawyers while having fun in a cool tech start-up environment? Do you like to work in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment? Are you a problem solver? Do you want to experience life at a high growth successful start-up? Do you have an interest on technology law, Saas, employment law, payroll or insurance?
If so, a legal internship at Namely might be the perfect fit for you! Please include your law school transcript and a writing sample with your application.
- Research legal questions primarily dealing with technology, data privacy, employment law, payroll, tax and/or insurance brokerage and prepare communications summarizing results of research
- Assist with corporate governance matters
- Help create compliance training and programs
- Assist with the drafting, negotiation, execution and management of all agreements and related documents, including customer contracts, vendor contracts, and licenses
- Assist the Legal & Compliance department with multiple projects and the launch of new products
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to minimize legal, compliance and regulatory risks for Namely
- Currently pursuing Analytical & detail oriented
- Great legal research skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, flexibility and responsiveness
- Ability to spot legal issues quickly and communicate them in a clear and concise way
- Ability to summarize legal research and communicate conclusions in a clear and concise way
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Good judgment skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Currently pursuing a J.D., second year preferred
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in a fast paced work environment
- Interest in employee benefits, contracts and/or data privacy law
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.