Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. In just five years, we’ve become the go-to partner for respected brands, including Apple, Target, Marriott, Lyft, Etsy, American Express, LVMH and Planned Parenthood. Fast Company notes that our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms, and Forrester Research calls ours "a model to follow.”
We look for designers who believe there are no boundaries between form and function, and who think the feel of a product should come from its user experience as much as its look. We believe designers are basically strategists who express strategy through design.
Creating digital products is a team game. Our methodology emphasizes intense collaboration, early prototyping and testing, and so many iterations you’ll lose count. Designers work closely with product managers, strategists, and developers to create digital products and services that reshape industries.
Our design interns work on client projects with larger cross-functional teams. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with our top talent, while producing work that will be seen by multiple stakeholders. Our partners are hands on and you’ll work with them directly — no middle management here.
What You Can Expect to Do
- 12 week internship working on side-by-side with Work & Co project teams
- Stay 100% focused on making great digital products--that’s all we care about.
- Work iteratively on initial concepts, wires, user flows, and prototypes informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends, and your best ideas.
- Learn about a range of phases, from strategy, to detailed design, to optimization.
What We’re After
- A PDF or link to your portfolio
- Interest in solving complex design problems, along with the product strategy skills to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Impeccable taste and a great eye for design
- Ability to uncover and utilize business truths and user behaviors that help define a great product
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work
- Familiarity with Sketch, Principle, and other design tools
- Comfortable working in a highly iterative, collaborative environment where people share work daily
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.