Data Science Intern
About The Opportunity
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love my internship!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
GrubHub Holdings Inc. is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, Eat24, AllMenus and MenuPages. The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order from 85,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,600 U.S. cities and London. Every order is supported by the company’s 24/7 customer service teams. Grubhub has offices in Chicago, New York and London.
Join us for an exciting 12-week program that will allow you to work on a product that you and your friends actually use alongside some amazing developers. You’ll have the chance to learn more about the business and industry through lunch and learns and explore the city with fun summer intern events. Come experience an exciting tech company with all of the usual perks - happy hours on our rooftop deck, Learning Fridays, tons of free food, and more.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
We’re looking for students who are hungry to learn and can help us dramatically improve and expand our set of data driven products while simultaneously supporting a massive increase in the capacity of our systems. We strongly believe that small cross-functional teams empowered to make decisions and move fast are the best way to do so. This is an unbeatable opportunity for interns who hope to step up from working on toy problem sets and work on challenging real world issues with great mentorship and make a difference for diners, restaurants or drivers, while working in a friendly, fun environment.
You Should Have
- Currently working towards a Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, etc
- Strong quantitative knowledge in combination or any of the following fields : Statistics , Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing etc.
- Eagerness to know the why’s and how’s of algorithms and keen interest in using them on relevant data sets and applications.
- Solid Computer Science and Programming Fundamentals
- Good programming experience in Python or any other programming language. Interest and inclination to learn new languages and tech stack when necessary
- Desire to learn and grow as a data scientist
- Interest in working in a fun, fast paced tech and product oriented company
- Involvement in the development community and personal projects outside of class is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.