WHO WE ARE
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, and recognized by The New York Times as ‘The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups’. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a Communications Intern for a semester-long commitment to focus on media relations, content amplification, and executing social media programs to increase awareness within the marketing technology landscape and beyond. You will work closely with senior Communications and Marketing leaders. You’ll help develop and bolster the Braze story for press, employees, clients, prospects, and key stakeholders. Additionally. you will collaborate across the Marketing team to help tell our story within press, social channels, and owned content. If you have a passion for connecting people and technology, we’d love to have you join our growing Communications and Marketing team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist in drafting communications materials including press releases, briefing documents, and social media content.
- Assist with maintaining/compiling press contact lists, awards lists, and editorial calendar.
- Execute social media daily posting and community management of Braze channels.
- Research speaking opportunities for the executive team.
- Research industry trends and data to be leveraged for owned content and social media.
- Assist the Marketing team to brainstorm, outline & draft content for the Braze blog.
- Provide ongoing support to the Marketing team as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
- Interested in pursuing a career in Communications, Marketing, and/or PR.
- Available to commit to a semester-long internship, upon start date.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Social media savvy with experience using Medium, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram.
- Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and with accuracy.
- Prior internship experience in Communications strongly preferred
- Currently enrolled in 4-year university pursuing a degree in one of the related fields: English, Journalism, Media Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing Communications.
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters every day. Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture.
In addition, this position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.