New York City
At Transfix, we aim to make logistics effortless, fair, and efficient through the use of market-leading technology. The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. The culture we’re building is one where we challenge the norms of the industry.
As an Accounting Intern, you will be an integral part of the Accounting team. You will be involved with various accounting related assignments ranging from payment reconciliations in our accounting ERP, supporting Accounts Receivable and Payable team with ad hoc projects, investigating open items with other members of the organization, assisting the Director of Finance with data analysis. Through this internship, you will grow basic operational and accounting skills that has a direct impact on business effectiveness and efficiency.
What you'll do:
- Basic data analysis predominantly via excel/Google sheets
- Process vendor invoices and recording transactions through our internal platform
- Liaise with our carriers on accounts payable inquiries
- Filing and scanning vendor invoices
- Investigating and clearing unsuccessful payments to carriers
- 20 hours/week commitment
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Open and curiously minded; thinking about process improvement (automated or manual) that will improve our efficiency
- Resourceful and flexible -- we are disrupting an industry and constantly evolving
- Must be attentive to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Bachelor’s degree (working towards if not yet graduated) - Accounting or Finance preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description