VP, Compensation & Benefits
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a Vice President, Compensation & Benefits to provide strategic oversight and guidance for the company’s approach to global rewards. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the VP will develop and implement global compensation programs including salary, variable cash, and equity plans, as well as global benefits and wellness programs, mobility, and HR administration.
The VP, Compensation & Benefits should possess senior-level experience developing and administering compensation programs for organizations with complex and matrixed structures. Ideal candidates will have a proven history of influencing executive leadership with a combination of deep subject matter expertise, relationship-building abilities, and a passion to create programs that contribute to the growth of great company culture. As a champion for workplace excellence that puts people first, the ideal candidate will have robust management experience having directly built, managed, and coached a team.
Executive Compensation & Governance
- Align with leadership, CPO and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors on strategic plans for Executive Compensation
- Coordinate preparation of executive compensation disclosure information required in Compensation Discussion and Analysis in a Proxy and assist in the preparation of communication materials for Compensation Committee and Board of Directors meetings
- In partnership with legal counsel, ensure efficient and timely filing of all legally required documents and forms
- Ensuring legal compliance
- Oversee the design and administration of stock compensation plans with a focus on retention and meaningful rewards, balanced with fiduciary responsibility
General Employee Compensation Process & Policies
- Review current compensation programs; lead the proposal, development, and implementation of necessary changes to align with Yext’s growing, global business
- Lead successful annual compensation planning including but not limited to execution of base salary, bonus, commission, awards, and all related communications and administration
- Provide thought leadership to business units on compensation issues including new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements, and compensation structure
- In partnership with HR and Finance, establish compensation budgets and guidelines for global locations
- Establish and maintain alignment between performance management and succession planning processes and pay programs
- Design commission, sales incentive, and other variable compensation plans as required for changing business demands and operating models
Global Benefits Programs
- Lead the design, annual planning and implementation of the company’s global benefit programs, including health and welfare, 401(k)/retirement, voluntary benefits and wellness initiatives
- Establish standard policies for administration and communication of all benefit programs
- Oversee Retirement Committee (401(k)) meetings and appropriate documentation of decisions and plan changes adopted
HR Operations & Administration
- Partner with global Payroll functions for effective administration between Finance and HR; evaluate long term solution for Payroll administration
- Serve as a key participant in cross-functional team assessing and integrating companies related to acquisition activity
- Evaluate and negotiate financial agreements (e.g., contracts, purchases, vendor services) that impact compensation, and benefits
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in compensation and benefits with a focus on innovative, fast-growing workforce; preferably gained while working for a global organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA or advanced certification (CCP, CBP, CEP or SPHR)
- Direct experience overseeing compensation, benefits, stock administration, HRIS, and mobility not required, but familiarity with one or more of the above functions strongly favored
- Must be comfortable as a “hands-on” player/coach; the team is lean, and the work pace is fast; a high sense of urgency and results-orientation required
- Leadership experience in a global company; experience working with best practices and knowledgeable of industry trends
- Proven experience of working closely with Board of Directors’ Compensation Committee on all matters related to BOD and Executive Compensation in a public company, including overall competitive compensation positioning, short and long-term incentive design, equity management, SEC regulations, executive agreement design, and compliance. Demonstrated ability to prepare and present materials in a clear and concise manner
- Strong understanding of interdependencies in program and systems design, legal and tax and financial implications of all compensation elements (base, bonus, and equity), globally
- Extensive technical knowledge of all aspects of compensation and benefits globally
- Experience in leading large scale projects with heavy change management requirements
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency and is energized by speed, with the ability and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and dive deep
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; a consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority
- Extraordinary communication skills – both oral and written
- Creative state of the art thinking and practices in compensation, and benefits
- Prior experience leading multi-function teams with multiple direct reports of varying levels
- Must be able to travel as needed 20-25%
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.