Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We are looking for a technical recruiter with experience working in a fast-paced environment for a high-growth company who takes the time to make sure prospective employees are invested in our mission, have the skills to cut it, and are looking to make an impact (over having a 9 to 5).
As our Recruiter, you will be:
- Managing full cycle recruitment for technical roles.
- Sourcing candidates. You’ll find new and creative ways of connecting with those who aren’t actively looking for a new position… often the experienced, fantastic candidates are never really looking for their next gig.
- Evaluating, communicating, and negotiating offers for candidates at all levels.
- Acting as a strategic partner for hiring managers, both leaning on them for support and pushing them for results.
- Evaluate and streamline existing recruiting processes and maintain a high close rate
- Managing additional projects as needed. At Meetup, we love to experiment and try new things - especially when it comes to recruitment. Have a great idea? You’ll get the opportunity to try it here.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience full-cycle tech/engineering recruiting preferably in-house.
- You have a strong understanding of new technologies, complicated tech stacks and coding languages, and have experience filling engineering talent in a fast-paced environment.
- You have *hustle*. You’re a recruiter’s recruiter who will derive energy and excitement from talking with people about what we’re doing behind the scenes at Meetup.
- A self-starter with an innate curiosity about people. A huge part of recruitment is getting candidates to open up and understand what motivates them - that comes naturally to you. And you’re not going to wait around for them to apply; you’re going to work your network and find the right folks to join our team.
- Someone with a strong client services perspective. As recruiters, we’re in the unique position of having clients (both hiring managers and candidates) who sometimes have conflicting needs. You’ll be able to manage expectations on all sides and ensure everyone feels heard.
- A strong communicator with considerable attention to detail.
- Strong follow-up and flexibility - you won’t miss a beat when you’re juggling four interviews and a last minute cancellation pops up.
- You get excited by what we’re doing at Meetup. The only way you can sell it is if you’re already sold.
- A positive, upbeat attitude with a willingness to pitch in to do whatever it takes to move the process forward; you are energized by teamwork.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
Please include a cover letter with your application and let us know why you love people and what sets you apart from other candidates. As you can probably figure out, we take hiring seriously and want to find the best recruiter out there to join us. Only complete applications with a cover letter will be considered for this role.