Talent Relations Associate
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
We're seeking a Talent Relations Associate to join theSkimm's PR & Communications team. Reporting to theSkimm's Senior Director of Public Relations, you'll be responsible for managing all talent booking and influencer relations at theSkimm, representing our brand and company to talent reps, influencers, celebrities, politicians, business leaders and VIPs. You'll also be responsible for working cross-functionally with our in-house Content, Studios, and Operations teams to propose and execute detailed and comprehensive talent relations strategies, and secure a robust booking pipeline across theSkimm’s audio, video, and social series and live events.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Proactively brainstorm, pitch, and book talent for appearances and interviews for all audio, video, and social series’ (such as 'Skimm’d from the Couch,' 'Sip 'n Skimm,' and 'Texting With') and live events (including 'Power Breakfasts' and Live Recordings). Think strategically and creatively to assist our team in identifying the best guests, partners, promoters as we develop new content and product.
- Develop strong working relationships with talent through detailed management of logistics and promotions, including but not limited to casting and booking, day-of coordinating, post-production promotion and influencer communications.
- Maintain internal booking content calendars and talent contacts across industries. Represent theSkimm and serve as our main point of contact with talent, influencers, and publicists across industries
- Implement best practices to engage, track, and manage projects, talent requests (outgoing and incoming), and opportunities
- Manage production and promotion for special projects (Such as 'How to Skimm Your Life')
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 4+ years of experience in talent relations, public relations, or production
- Excellent writer; confident and polished communicator
- Effective project management skills and ability to multi-task multiple priorities
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and remain calm and solutions-oriented under pressure
- Self-starter, independent, and a strong eye for details with superior organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communication or Journalism
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm's brand, products, and audience
- Rolodex of current contacts / Strong existing relationships with influencers, celebrities, politicians, etc.
- Experience with social media influencer strategy
- Event planning and management experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Biannual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered "Sip’n Skimm" on Fridays - a time to walk through our week's highs and lows as a team, usually over food, coffee or La Croix
- Twice-monthly “Skimm’e A Drink!” happy hours - a time to wind down with friends over a beer, wine or fruity beverage
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY