Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than four years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers and engaged readers are better learners.
Our growing team is looking for a Talent Coordinator to take ownership of a range of HR and recruiting responsibilities, as well as ensure a top notch experience for new hires and employees. This is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your experience and play a pivotal role in building out our People organization and initiatives.
- Support interview scheduling for candidates at every level, in our NYC and Mountain View offices.
- Manage the entire new hire on-boarding process, including generating offer letters, processing paperwork and background checks.
- Create a high-quality interview experience for all candidates and hiring managers.
- Manage candidate workflow through Greenhouse (ATS), ensuring timely updates and data quality.
- Create and maintain employee and HR files for accuracy and compliance.
- Execute on employer branding strategy to highlight company culture and employee experience.
- Handle confidential information with complete discretion and professionalism.
- Assist the Chief People Officer with various administrative, HR and ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Ensure our various hiring and employment processes conform with compliance guidelines and industry best practices.
- Create and maintain reports to capture various hiring and employment metrics.
- Serve as a point of contact for various recruiting and HR questions, effectively resolving or escalating as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ months of related human resources or recruiting experience.
- 1+ year experience working with google platforms and ATS and/or HRMS systems.
- A problem solver, with an eye towards continuous improvement of processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation experience
- Knowledge of various employment laws and HR industry best practices
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.