Talent Acquisition Lead
The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he teamed up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and created the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
The Farmer's Dog is hiring an experienced Talent Acquisition Lead to help meet our growing human capital needs and continue to build out a world class team. We know that great companies are built by great people, and this role will be integral in shaping the future of The Farmer's Dog by being on the front lines of recruiting the next wave of leaders and talent.
You will work closely with the Executive Team as we forecast human capital needs and execute on a plan to meet those needs. You are a self-starter, who is eager to actively recruit top talent in both proven and innovative ways.
- Own the entire recruiting process for both technical and non-technical roles
- Create initiatives to actively recruit to hit KPIs surrounding human capital needs
- Work with hiring managers to understand their needs, coach them on hiring best practices, and help them recruit amazing candidates
- Continue to define and market our employer brand to continue to catalyze our hiring process
- Build out the talent acquisition team to meet hiring demand
- Streamline the interview process to continue to make us more objective and efficient
- 4-6 years of applicable talent acquisition experience in high growth environments, ideally taking organizations from tens to hundreds of employees
- 2+ years experience as a manager
- A proven record of recruiting top talent
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and EQ
- Must: play nicely with others (humans and dogs). Prefer dogs to other species.
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies.