Talent Acquisition & Community Programs Manager
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Talent Acquisition & Community Programs Manager will be responsible for implementing, managing, and fostering partnerships and programs to in-source non exempt hiring and provide career pathing within Rent The Runway’s NJ Dream Fulfillment center. This includes developing the overall end to end strategy around direct non exempt hiring.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. A true hands-on approach to create hiring processes and talent pipelines at a rapid pace where lack of infrastructure currently exists as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of new hires to ensure a high level of employee engagement and positive onboarding experience. Experience with meeting tight deadlines in a complex changing work environment while managing a high-volume workload is a must. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary including the ability to "roll up your sleeves."
- Develop and implement end to end strategy around RTR non exempt direct hiring
- Lead/coordinate recruiting, staffing, interviewing, testing and driving the selection of non-exempt positions
- Partner with Operators to concentrate recruiting efforts in needed areas of the business
- Source and participate in recruiting events and create community partnerships to develop a pipeline of non exempt talent in particular for technical roles
- Manage & source partnerships with vocational schools, regional and national dry cleaning & garment repair programs
- Monitor and analyze attrition, attendance and other key HR metrics to effectively make staffing recommendations to business partners
- Create and ensure implementation and compliance of all selection processes for non exempt positions including posting and advertisement of open roles
- Lead and coordinate the new hire onboarding processes
- Develop training programs internally and with external partners to create technical and skilled pathways to advancement within RTR including English proficiency programs
- Lead temp agency to RTR employment conversion process
- Communicate across all levels of the business
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor HR processes for the team to ensure continuous improvement and enhancement of associate experience
- Be a leader of change
- B.S. degree in HR, business administration, or related field
- At least 5 years in a dedicated HR, Recruiting role with at least 3 years of progressively increased responsibilities
- 3 to 5 years experience hiring/staffing a large (several hundred) non exempt workforce
- Familiarity with NJ community and government organizations such as the NJ labor department, workforce planning, vocational schools and community job entry programs
- Ability to work independently and drive results without delegation to a team
- Ability to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as experience with an HRIS system and recruiting software; Workday and Greenhouse experience a plus
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.