Squarespace is known for our award-winning design, innovative technology, memorable marketing campaigns - and the people behind it all. Our Recruiting team’s mission is simple: we find and hire the exceptional talent that will elevate the company and help us shape the future of online publishing. We’re looking for a creative, proactive Staff Recruiter who will partner with Executives across the company to build our leadership team. This role will focus on all roles at the Director-level and above.
You will use your natural curiosity and tenacity to source, evaluate, and close candidates; your poise and attention to detail will help guide them through an efficient and memorable hiring process. As a Staff Recruiter, the future of Squarespace leadership begins with you.
This role reports into our Recruiting Team Lead in our New York headquarters.
- Manage an efficient, full-cycle recruitment process to meet senior-level hiring goals
- Build relationships with hiring managers and become a trusted partner to internal teams
- Develop a deep understanding of the goals, processes, culture and needs of the teams you support; use this knowledge to write effective job descriptions, craft recruitment strategies, and communicate with candidates
- Proactively source candidates through a variety of methods, building a consistent pipeline of talent for high priority and hard-to-fill positions
- Conduct initial phone calls with candidates, assessing them fairly and consistently
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure efficient preparation prior to and during the interview process; facilitate interview and hiring discussions within teams
- Negotiate and close offers
- Serve as a Squarespace ambassador in all facets of your role, delivering a compelling view of our employer brand, as well as a pleasant and memorable candidate experience
- Develop a deep understanding of Squarespace’s culture, product, strategic direction, and competitors, and use this knowledge to craft compelling messaging to potential candidates
- Communicate effectively with internal collaborators and stakeholders to ensure alignment on the specifications of each role and the requirements of each interview process
- Act as the liaison between Squarespace and any executive search firms we may use
- Maintain clear and consistent records in our applicant tracking system
- 10+ years experience as an in-house recruiter in a high growth environment
- Experience hiring for roles of all levels and various functions; a mix of technical and non-technical recruiting preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Self-motivation and the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Tenacity, intellectual curiosity, and the drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening abilities; confidence speaking with people of varied experience levels and backgrounds
- Positive attitude, adaptability, and the ability to navigate competing priorities
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.