Sourcer and Recruiting Ops Associate
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
We're looking for a Sourcer and Recruiting Operations Associate to join our team. You will handle the first stage of our recruiting process, while look for ways to improve our recruiting workflow. You have a strong background in identifying talent for technology companies with an eye towards finding ways to improve the hiring process. Responsibilities include using various channels to look for potential candidates, contacting passive candidates, building talent pipelines for future hiring needs, and implementing projects to assist with increasing the quality of our inbound applicants. You will primarily identify talent through competitive intelligence and use your networking skills to help us fill our openings with qualified employees.
- Implement programs that help increase the efficiency of recruiter workflow.
- Support the recruiting team by building a pipeline of top technical candidates through researching and sourcing for candidates.
- Lead sourcing strategy meetings to identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques and using our team’s networks through referrals.
- Monitor team metrics to identify areas for improvement, including the number of passive candidates who turn into applicants.
- Contact and engage candidates, promoting our employer brand by crafting and creating unique messaging.
- Develop creative attraction strategies including identification of new sourcing channels.
- Be the competitive intelligence expert, staying up to date with news in the tech startup space.
- Oversee some of the unseen with ad-hoc projects and other responsibilities.
During your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with our hiring processes and needs. You will spend time meeting members on the team to understand our culture and build relationships. You will familiarize yourself with the recruiting workflow, priority roles, and establish metrics to understand conversion rates.
Over your next 30 days, you will work with recruiters to coordinate sourcing for high-priority roles with company-wide goals and objectives. This will ensure that you are building internal and external relationships to make an immediate impact.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will identify new opportunities for Cockroach Labs to build our employer brand and reach new candidates. You'll create repeatable campaigns to increase our talent reach while looking at ways to improve our hiring process.
- Experience defining and working on sourcing strategies for technical talent (e.g., recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings).
- Worked with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and Candidate Management Systems (CMSs).
- The ability to combine your understanding of the recruiting process with data to extract relevant insights.
- Experience in sourcing for candidates through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.).
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Positively present our company and open roles to potential candidates
- Effective time-management abilities and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to tell stories through data.
Reporting to Lindsay Grenawalt - Chief As the Head of People
Lindsay focuses on attracting, developing, and retaining the best possible talent for Cockroach Labs. She was exposed to the world of startups at Google Ventures then moving to Yext as the VP of People Operations, where she was responsible for growing the company from 150 to over 400 employees across the United States, the Netherlands, and the UK. When she is not at work, you can find her exploring the culinary delights of New York and attempting to recreate them at home.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]