Senior Technical Recruiter
About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The People team at RTR is responsible for just that, our people. We’re partners to the business and work to empower every team within our business to scale through the acquisition and development of our employees.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to create best-in-class recruiting strategy and process for the engineering, product, and analytics teams. In this exciting role, you will build and maintain partnerships with key leaders in order to understand their department structure, key initiatives and projects, evaluate talent needs, and contribute ideas, solutions and tools for best in class recruiting. Additionally, you will own full cycle recruiting for key hires across the technical functions of Rent the Runway, building out a stellar team that will contribute to our mission to disrupt an industry by changing the way women get dressed.
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with hiring managers and own all aspects of the full-cycle recruiting process: defining jobs and specs, sourcing, screening, running the recruiting process, negotiating and closing
- Develop a pipeline of active and passive candidates
- Create a strategy around the right networking events, partnerships, career fairs, etc.
- Become quickly immersed into the culture and business needs of Rent the Runway, building relationships with key leaders in order to understand the candidate profile that will be the most successful at Rent the Runway
- Own special projects as they arise, offering unique opportunities for leadership development and growth, such as campus recruiting, assessment of new recruiting services / technologies, creating and implementing development and rotational programs, cross functional projects, etc.
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness, understanding the startup, tech, and fashion/retail landscape to keep tabs on emerging and transitioning businesses, industry news, competitive analysis, etc.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree plus 7+ years of full cycle technical recruiting experience and a track record of hiring exceptionally talented people
- Experience recruiting in a startup or entrepreneurial company
- In-house recruitment experience
- Strong technical acuity & understanding of the basics of agile development principles, engineering functions, and current technology trends
- Demonstrated success implementing innovative ways to attract and retain candidates
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Proficiency using ATS systems and sourcing tools
- Passionate about ensuring that each candidate who interviews at Rent the Runway has a unique and positive experience
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.