Senior Director, Total Rewards and Operations
At Flatiron Health, our people come first. Bright, curious and passionate people make what we do possible. We’re a diverse team of software engineers, quantitative scientists, oncologists, product managers, designers, and visionaries – all from different industries and backgrounds working together to take on cancer. We hire A+ talent and invest in their long-term career growth.
We are seeking a collaborative and results-oriented Senior Director, Total Rewards & Operations to join our People Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for Flatiron’s compensation and benefits programs and communication with an emphasis on increasing employee understanding and engagement while maintaining internal equity and external market competitiveness. The Senior Director will also oversee processes and projects related to HR systems, Operations, and Payroll to ensure that we have efficient and effective processes to result in desired outcomes. You will also work in close partnership with Flatiron Leadership to ensure that all programs support the overall strategies and objectives of the organization.
This role reports into the Chief People Officer.
- Provide leadership and direction to evaluate and modify Flatiron’s Total Rewards offerings to ensure a competitive compensation and benefits strategy in alignment with the company’s objectives, initiatives and budget guidelines. Ensure that the administration, budgeting, and communication of compensation and benefits programs are well executed and contribute to a positive employee experience.
- Act as the primary liaison with Roche corporate compensation and total rewards leaders. Liaise with Roche equity team to manage the Stock Plan Administration to ensure that all equity-based transactions are conducted efficiently and correctly, including stock grants & vesting, exercise of stock grants and accurate accounting of stock activity.
- Responsible for presenting supporting information to make recommendations and gain approvals for Flatiron specific programs and individual actions for senior Flatiron leaders.
- Partner with the Finance team to ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place for all merit-based and incentive-based compensation programs, as well as for evaluating and analyzing cost implications of current and proposed plans.
- Supervise our core HRIS systems and ensure data integrity across all employee platforms.
- Responsible for execution of semimonthly and monthly planning, project management, and communications necessary to effectively and accurately run payroll.
- Responsible for all People Ops processes and policies including onboarding, offboarding, internal mobility, leaves. Ensures high quality data management through internal controls and audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years experience in Compensation and Benefits. Significant experience in additional areas of HRIS (UltiPro), and Operations preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing HR processes and programs and coordinating across an HRIS.
- Expertise in policy design and understanding of all pertinent regulations.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of all aspects of administering equity based programs, including accounting, tax and legal implications.
- Strong and proven people manager
- A team player and a “can do attitude”, with the ability to forge great relationships with Flatiron employees, Roche and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communications style across internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority.
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balanced by an appreciation for complexity and risk.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in working through complex transactions, with the ability to analyze, problem solve, and communicate observations and recommendations.
- Strong business acumen along with ability to quickly learn and understand the financials and operational levers of the business.
- Demonstrated project management skills and a track record of success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion.