Senior Director of Talent Acquisition
We need a passionate leader who can build the Harry’s teams to meet our bold ambitions. The Senior Director of Talent Acquisition will partner with senior leaders across the organization to define our approach to talent and create the engine to achieve this vision.
We want someone who is excited about building and growing a recruiting team, thinking through the best way to structure the function and develop individual people. Our ideal candidate is an operations guru, who loves setting up new processes and creating metrics and reporting to make sure the recruiting engine is running efficiently. We also need someone who thinks innovatively, launching new programs to support our goals from diversity initiatives to employer branding to internship programs.
You will report to the Chief People Officer and be a key leader on the People team.
What you will accomplish:
- Structure and build a recruiting team that can hire 300+ people annually across a wide range of functions (marketing, finance, R&D, supply chain, engineering, retail)
- Coach and mentor recruiters, coordinators and operations people to develop and grow our internal talent
- Create and run our hiring plan process, working with senior leaders across the business and partnering closely with Finance
- Implement a metrics based approach to ensure hiring plan is achieved efficiently, using benchmarks for planning purposes and taking a data driven approach to quickly identify and solve pain points
- Launch new programs to support our hiring goals, from interviewer training and on-campus recruiting to innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Work with our world-class marketing team to build Harry’s employer brand
This should describe you:
- Enterprise leader. You build strong relationships up, down and across and motivate and advise everyone around you
- Extremely high bar for talent. You don’t compromise when it comes to hiring and inspire and teach others to do the same
- Thoughtful and direct communicator who doesn’t shy away from honest feedback
- Lifelong learner, seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- Innovator who is on the cutting edge of talent acquisition, constantly experimenting and implementing new methods
- Team player who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help get things done
- Sense of humor who takes their work seriously and themselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Chief People Officer
- You will work on the People team which also includes People Operations, Talent Development and Workplace Experience
- You will partner closely with the senior leadership at Harry’s Inc, working across every function on our Harry’s / grooming brands in the US. You will also help build up our recruiting capabilities in Europe
Harry’s launched in 2013 with the aspiration to disrupt the men’s grooming market. We built a brand and products out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
We have been blown away by the customer response to our brand and today have over 3 million online customers across the US and UK and significant retail presence at Target and Walmart. We are expanding our product offering beyond shaving, most recently launching a body wash and bar soap line.
But our ambition doesn’t stop there. Our vision is to build the next generation CPG company, investing in, building, and owning a portfolio of omnichannel modern brands across multiple categories, similar to how we’ve done it with the Harry’s brand. After raising $112M in our most recent round of funding, the company plans to leverage its platform and capabilities, and partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to launch a number of new disruptive brands in new categories in the coming years. This is where you come in.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.