Senior Director, Global HR
Working alongside our People Operations team, the Senior Director of Global HR will oversee Knotel’s Global HR strategy. S/he will refine and uplevel the systems that maximize productivity and outcomes for our global workforce. This is a rare opportunity to optimize and expand an established, high-performing People Operations team, ensuring that it remains agile and indispensable to our success as we endeavor to 10x our business.
What You’ll Do
- Build capacity across Knotel’s People Operations team, which includes dedicated groups in talent acquisition and internal-facing functions (e.g. total rewards, learning and development, employee relations, etc.)
- Collaborate with People Ops team to innovate our people systems - including onboarding, performance management, and diversity and inclusion initiatives - that enable professional growth and fulfillment for all employees
- Grow our cross-functional L&D team while serving as a resource, coach, and thought partner for fellow members of the People Ops team
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to refine Knotel’s approach to hiring, with an eye towards diversifying pipelines, increasing rigor of candidate assessment, and elevating our employer brand
- Translate business strategies into realities that drive transformational and organizational effectiveness
- Increase automation across all processes and systems.
Who You Are
You are an experienced People Operations leader who has grown companies on a global scale - without losing sight of the cultural staples that are core to their identity. You recognize that excellent leadership is achieved through empowerment and delegation, and manage others by holding them accountable to ambitious goals without micromanaging. You understand that People Operations is indispensable to a company’s success and how to convey its strategic importance to others. You know how to be a fierce advocate for all employees, reconcile competing points of view, and go toe-to-toe with anyone in a debate, putting the company’s needs above all others. You also have the following:
- 10-15 years of HR experience at a high-growth global organization. Startup experience highly preferred.
- Deep knowledge and experience with global labor laws
- Strong judgement and ability to navigate complex employee relations issues
- Proven success as an HRBP for different functional leaders
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.