We’re looking for the very best Sales Recruiter to join our startup sales team in New York City.
Great Jones is creating a modern platform to serve the $2 trillion in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
To start, we’re bringing property management into the 21st century. Property management is a massive industry, with over $40 billion spent each year in the U.S alone. It is deeply fragmented, has great economics, and notoriously bad customer experience.
Our team is uniquely qualified to take on this market. Our founders spent over a decade building digital platforms that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for businesses like 1stdibs and Skillshare. Our head of operations built teams and platforms that oversaw over 10,000 rental homes for some of the country's largest institutional owners of rental real estate.
We are fortunate to be well-funded by truly helpful investors (raised over $20mm), and are building out a best-in-class team to help us tackle this massive opportunity.
In this role, you’ll be tasked with growing our sales team from ten to forty reps in 2019 (and beyond). You’ll develop creative solutions to get in front of the very best applicant pool, and architect a hiring process that balances speed-to-hire with thoughtful deliberation.
You’ll own sales team culture, ensuring we retain the talent we bring on board. How do we create an environment that attracts and retains the best of the industry? How do we onboard sales hires to ensure success? This role is both strategic and executional.
This will be the first recruiting/culture hire in our organization, and reports into our Vice President, Sales. We have a working sales model, now it’s time to scale.
- You intuitively understand how to identify sales talent. You’ve seen enough sales reps thrive, or not, to gain valuable pattern recognition.
- You can both think strategically and execute tactically- you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty, and can seamlessly zoom in and zoom out, juggling tasks with competing priorities.
- You are comfortable working autonomously, and driving towards your own goals (with your own budget).
- You have a refined point of view of what a strong company culture looks like. And you have ideas about how to facilitate it.
- People like you, and want to work with you after speaking to you for 15 minutes on the phone.
- You can think like a CEO and have big career aspirations for yourself.
- You have 3+ years experience building out a sales team for a best-in-class sales org.
- We believe that we have an exciting business to build. Truly a multi-billion dollar opportunity.
- Opportunity for rapid career growth for A++ players. This is the first hire of what will inevitably be a core team function.
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves too seriously. We are bowling tournament champions
- Competitive pay, equity. Good health benefits
- Fun people (we think), snacks, team events, all that good stuff