BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic and good-humored human to join the Recruiting team as a coordinator.
You'll touch multiple aspects of the recruiting experience from candidate scheduling and coordination, new hire orientation, employment branding, and more. We're looking for someone to hold it down during the busiest and most chaotic of times with a smile and a great idea about how do things more efficiently.
This role is based in our NYC HQ and reports to the Manager of Recruiting Operations. This is an entry-level position that is great for someone who is eager to develop their career in the talent acquisition space.
The Recruiting Team is a busy group supporting an average of 100+ roles at any given time. We're split between NYC and LA and support hiring across all areas of the business, including our international locations. And as part of the broader People Team at BuzzFeed, we work with some of the best human resources professionals in the business.
- Schedule a high volume of phone screens, on-site interviews, and interview debriefs;
- Be an "interview concierge" - prep interview rooms, greet candidates, make sure interviewers arrive on time;
- Prepare, post, and manage requisitions in our ATS;
- Coordinate candidate travel and manage reimbursement programs;
- Support offer letter and new hire paperwork creation and organization.
- Either some professional work experience in a coordinator/admin position OR if you're a new college grad, if you worked in a campus visitors center, orientation program, or admissions office, you'll do great here!
- Proficiency with Google Apps, especially Calendar and Drive;
- Previous experience with an applicant tracking system (we use Greenhouse);
- A steadiness that helps you turn chaos into order in a shifting environment;
- A healthy sense of humor and a really great story to share about the most intense interview loop you’ve scheduled;
- An eye for detail, so you've read this job post from beginning to end and know that in order to even be considered for next steps, your cover letter should be addressed "Hey BuzzFeed Recruiters!"
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.