Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us!
We invest a lot of time in making sure that prospective employees are invested in our mission, have the skills to cut it, and are looking to make an impact (over having a 9 to 5). We’re looking to bring on a creative recruiter who will own hiring for our non-technical roles here in New York!
As our Recruiter, you’ll be part of the action:
- Managing full cycle recruitment for non-technical roles, spanning from a Community Support Specialist to a seasoned General Manager, and everything in between.
- Sourcing candidates. You’ll find new and creative ways of connecting to those who aren’t actively looking for a new position...often the experienced, fantastic candidates are never really looking for their next gig.
- Advocating for where we should be; campus recruitment and job fairs are nice, but how can we leverage Meetup's strong relationships in the industry to become a career destination?
- Managing additional projects as needed. At Meetup, we’re willing to experiment and try new things - especially when it comes to recruitment. Have a great idea? You’ll get the opportunity to try it here.
Who we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience recruiting in a tech or creative-focused environment, preferably in-house.
- You have *hustle*. You’re a recruiter’s recruiter who will derive energy and excitement from talking with people about what we’re doing behind the scenes at HQ.
- A self-starter with an innate curiosity about people. A huge part of recruitment is getting candidates to open up and understanding what motivates them - that comes naturally for you. And you’re not going to wait around for them to apply; you’re going to work your network and find the right people to join our team.
- Someone with a strong client services perspective. You’re able to manage expectations on all sides, ensure everyone feels heard, and drive toward a resolution.
- An articulate communicator with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong follow-up and flexibility - you won’t miss a beat when you’re juggling four interviews and a last minute cancellation pops up.
- You get excited by what we’re doing at Meetup. You can talk about what we’re doing with passion that is authentic and contagious.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?