About the Role
Namely is looking for a People Scientist to join our brand-new People Science initiative. People Science leverages HR research, people analytics, and data science to prototype and iterate new, data-centric products and lines of business for Namely. As a People Scientist, you will partner with a range of internal teams (including Product, Data Engineering, and People) to execute on this next chapter in Namely's strategy.
As a member of the team, you'll craft and market-test solutions to some of the biggest problems facing HR teams today, and contribute the most successful of those solutions directly to the product roadmap. Your mission will be to help conceive of the most valuable and innovative ways that Namely can enhance its current offerings through data, providing actionable insights and an industry-best experience to HR teams at midsize companies. Most importantly, you'll have a direct hand in developing the long-term vision for the next generation of opportunities Namely has to secure Namely as a market leader in helping midsize HR teams build great workplaces.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with strong, quantitative HR experience, familiarity with organizational research, and a relentless builder mentality (a passion for tinkering to bring ideas to life as prototypes). We're looking for someone familiar with common methods in people analytics, data science, and statistics appropriate for large-scale data sets, and someone who will thrive while working to build the most helpful, insightful, and broadly-useful solutions to big HR problems. We're looking for a thought partner on this journey who thinks strategically, works well in ambiguity (after all, you're helping to shape the future, not just move toward one), and is comfortable partnering with others to execute on ideas.
- Draw from the latest research in organizational sciences to build analytics-centric tools and prototypes that solve the most pressing talent problems faced by organizations today.
- Leverage Namely’s unique data set to perform innovative analyses that can be productized, or that help elevate Namely's brand as a generator of new HR science and expertise.
- Partner with our Product, Engineering, and People teams to take your prototypes, reports, and insight-driven solutions directly to clients for feedback and live-testing.
- Collaborate on a roadmap to augment the data we collect, how we organize it, and how we use it.
- Act as a thought partner across Namely’s business to integrate data and analytics into everything we do as a business.
- 2-4 years progressive analytics experience tackling people-focused or product-focused problems
- Fluency in at least one development or statistical programming language (R, Python, Scala, etc.)
- Demonstrated history of leveraging technical expertise to build and deploy functional prototypes of data and analytics tools/reports
- Business acumen and interpersonal skills to develop positive cross-functional relationships
- Working knowledge of the core applications of data science (prediction, classification, etc.)
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree in a field that heavily leverages analytics, preferably to understand people or HR contexts (e.g., Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Social/Personality Psychology, Behavioral Economics)
- Familiarity with the latest methods in text analysis and text classification.
- Knowledge of machine learning and/or big data tools (Spark, Databricks, etc.) a plus
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.