People Operations Associate
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We are seeking a talented People Operations Coordinator to help support and build our People Operations / HR function as we scale. You will join Cityblock at a critical point in our growth trajectory, as we scale quickly over the next year. In this role you will support and work directly with team members at all levels of the organization to ensure a seamless employee experience. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone eager to quickly grow broad HR and People Operations knowledge in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Support running an end-to-end onboarding and orientation processes for both clinical and non-clinical teams. This includes managing internal stakeholders throughout the onboarding process, and interacting directly with new hires through background checks, HR system setup, I9 verification, and orientation to ensure a consistent, high-quality experience.
- Build a strong rapport with team members across the organization, and serve as an internal resource and point of contact for our growing team for questions related to HR, payroll, benefits, etc.
- Maintain our HR systems (Justworks PEO, employee files, etc.) to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Support a broad range of HR and People Operations functions including benefit programs, compliance, leaves of absence, offboarding
You’d be a good fit if:
- You operate with consistently good judgement and have a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- You have one year of HR or People Operations experience with exposure to a range of HR functions such as onboarding, offboarding, compliance, leave, benefits
- You’re a team player, and looking to get into a fast-moving startup environment
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to deliver on business-critical tasks
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
- You are a natural relationship-builder and possess the ability to engage and connect with others quickly
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day
- You are an exceptional communicator and have a strong customer service mindset
Nice to have:
- High growth startup experience, specifically technology or venture backed
- Experience in the healthcare sector
- Experience working with an HRIS or PEO
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter (1-2 paragraphs)
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.