We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
The Payroll Manager will play an integral role on the Finance team at Collibra. As our first Payroll manager, this is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position and will require a focus on details, organization, and playing as a team with the goal to prepare and process accurate and timely US, Canadian, and Australian payroll.
You’ll be able to help set the strategic vision of the fledgling payroll function as we scale the team globally. The opportunity is large and the opportunity to build and lead a global payroll team over time may organically present itself.
If you are proactive and have strong organization and communication skills, have an eye for scale, with the ability to resolve complex payroll problems this role may be for you. Collaboration in a cross functional team environment and effectively interacting with all levels of Collibra, external auditors, and vendors is critical.
A day in the life of a Payroll Manager at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Business Operations, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Managing the transition from a US PEO provider to in-house payroll processing
- Preparing and process US, Canadian, and Australian payroll in an accurate, compliant, and timely manner
- Processing special transactions (e.g. retroactive pay, mid-period increases, garnishments, student loan and other statutory deductions)
- Updating payroll records, changes in compensation, commissions, bonuses and employment status changes for all global employees
- Calculating amounts for manual checks and wire transfers for activities such as employee separations
- Preparing US, Canadian, and Australian payroll-related entries and tax reconciliations in support of monthly close, including variable compensation (bonus and commission accrual)
- Researching, implementing, and updating payroll (through partners or in-house systems) new countries in conjunction with international expansion goals
- Providing prompt, friendly and efficient responses to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions or the payroll process
- Analyzing payroll and benefit amounts, monthly or semi-monthly, for unusual trends to ensure accurate payroll processing
- Coordinating with Accounting team on close responsibilities during month end close
- Maintaining and update documentation of payroll process and procedures
- Interacting with internal and external auditors, resulting in successful completion of quarterly and annual audits
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of payroll experience in a global environment
- Experience with Namely is a plus
- Experience recording equity compensation a plus
- Experience with employee relocation and tax gross-ups
- Experience in multi-state processing
- Familiarity with ADP, Paylocity, Workday, or equivalent
- Experience with internal SOX documentation and compliance, including the understanding of internal controls, financial reporting requirements, and testing processes and procedures
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and tight deadlines
- Self-directed, proactive, and a strong sense of personal accountability
- A process improvement mindset and problem-solving abilities
- Hands-on and able to work effectively with team members at all levels
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Stock Options
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- A state-of-the-art laptop and the choice of OS
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package