Operations Training & Learning Lead
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Our Business Operations team sits at the center of our Operations department and partners with our frontline teams to develop and execute strategic initiatives and accelerate the business’s effectiveness and efficiency. Reporting to the Head of Business Operations, our Training and Learning Lead will work closely with our Sales, Case Management, Success and Experience teams to develop and deliver strategic and tactical training methods across all of our business lines.
You’ll help to design, develop and deliver exciting training programs and high-impact initiatives across our Operations team organization and our business lines. You will play an integral role in developing Pg’s operations strategy, enhancing the performance of our teams, contributing to our culture and building some processes from the ground up!
- Take the lead on designing, developing, implementing and facilitating training and development programs to support the Inside Sales, Case Management, Success and Experience teams across our business lines (Life, Property & Casualty, Disability, etc.) to ensure optimal employee retention and performance
- Utilize a variety of learning methods including, but not limited to, LMS, classroom sessions, conference calls, webinars, external software tools, etc.
- Expand on existing programs for new hires, including operations-specific training on systems, policies and procedures, methodologies and customer service
- Prepare and conduct assessments to measure training effectiveness, retention, and performance
- Develop an overall learning agenda based on regular needs assessments and training priorities
- Track training participant results and satisfaction and identify opportunities for improvement in collaboration with leadership
- Partner with and develop training "champions" to assist with best practices information collaboration and sharing
- Assist teams with proper goal-setting tools for career and personal development
- 5+ years professional experience in designing and building training and development programs, ideally with some experience in a high-growth / startup environment
- Natural people leadership skills with the ability to quickly build trust with multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on public speaking
- Extensive process-driven project management capabilities, with diligent attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Deep subject matter expertise and knowledge in training and coaching methodologies for sales and non-sales teams
- Passion and interest in financial services / financial protection
- Proficiency with MS and Google applications, Apple products, CRM and LMS
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)