At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Manager, Payroll to join our strong Accounting team. You will report directly to our Senior Manager, Payroll and play a key part on the team during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high-energy company.
- Play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Payroll team
- Assist the Senior Manager in setting up and monitoring efficient daily processes to make sure the work is properly prioritized and addressed in a timely manner
- Key team member to assist with Workday implementation and new workflows
- Maintain payroll process controls
- Develop and maintain payroll spreadsheets and reports
- Verify and audit timesheets to ensure compliance and accurate records
- Provide support during annual and other audits, as required
- Build relationships across the company and act as a business partner on payroll matters
- Provide support to business units and external partners as needed
- Complete ad hoc projects including, but not limited to, general filings, payroll reports, accounting support projects, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Experience processing large payroll runs is required
- Strong understanding of payroll practices
- Experience working with Workday highly preferred
- Experience with system implementations highly preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel, ability to work with pivot tables, vlookups is a strong plus
- Proven time management skills
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Able to multitask and jump in to assist the team when critical
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude are a must
- Willing to help the broader teams with various projects and requests, as needed
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.