Manager, Human Resources
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
- Lead/coordinate recruiting, staffing, interviewing, testing and assisting with selection of non-exempt positions. Partner with Operators to concentrate recruiting efforts in needed areas of the business
- Source and participate in recruiting events and create community partnerships to develop a pipeline of non exempt talent in particular for technical roles
- Monitor and analyze attrition, attendance and other key HR metrics to effectively make recommendations to business partners
- Create and ensure implementation and compliance of all selection processes for non exempt positions including posting and advertisement of open roles
- Lead and coordinate the new hire onboarding processes
- Partner with RTR managers and temp agencies to facilitate and perform thorough investigations using sound judgement as it relates to HR/ER matters as they arise
- Active stakeholder in the improvement of employee engagement with a focus on new hire experience
- Partners with operations leadership in the development of engagement action plans based on their Employee Engagement Survey results in alignment with company goals.
- Advise, and resolve associate concerns
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Communicate across all levels of the business
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor HR processes for the team to ensure continuous improvement and enhancement of associate experience
- Be a leader of change
Additional Responsibilities (as needed):
- Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- Coordinate facility recognition & employee appreciation programs
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, employee terminations, etc for both RTR and temp agency hourly population
- Support performance management
- Support in administration of benefits and compensation including annual open enrollment
- Bachelors degree in HR, Business Administration, or a related field
- Must be bilingual in Spanish
- At least 5 years experience in a dedicated HR role with at least 3 years of progressively increased responsibilities including recruitment/hiring
- 5 years experience interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- Ability to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as experience with an HRIS system; Workday experience a plus
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have a strong attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.