Internal Communications Lead
We're looking for an Internal Communications Lead to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Director of Internal Communications to create, manage and execute internal communications plans and programs designed to encourage alignment and engagement.
In addition, you'll also:
- Help develop, manage and execute a company-wide strategic internal communications plan
- Review and draft day-to-day internal communication
- Manage company intranet and create and maintain compelling intranet content
- Develop and own weekly company newsletter and Slack posts
- Assist with knowledge management efforts, in partnership with the Director of Internal Communications and IT
- Assist in developing and managing recognition programs
- Project manage and coordinate logistics for large company meetings and programs
- Own programming and logistics for external speaker series
- Maintain communications calendar
- Responsible for completing all additional job duties and projects as assigned
In this role you’ll have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally across the company on a regular basis—learning about teams, helping solve problems, and communicating out to the broader population.
Who You Are
You're a team player who is skilled at both creative thinking and tactical execution in the communications space. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in relevant field preferred
- 4+ years communications experience, ideally internal communications
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills
- An ability to translate complex business issues and craft messages for targeted, diverse audiences
- An active listener who can synthesize information and facilitate conversations to achieve consensus
- An ability to think both creatively and analytically
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A commitment to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Demonstrated skill in coordinating content-rich initiatives, programs and events
- Must possess excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- An ability to accomplish tasks both quickly and accurately
- A team player with a “can do attitude”
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- Experience using or managing Google suite, Docebo LMS, Slack, Hubspot
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.