Human Resources Business Partner
We hire A+ talent and invest in their long-term career growth at Flatiron. We are seeking a thoughtful HR Business Partner to continue to expand our Business Partner team at Flatiron. This individual will provide proactive support to help the business meet its strategic objectives amidst company growth, and will provide consultative HR guidance that equips and enables people managers to be successful leaders. Our HRBPs are accessible resources to help individual contributors be engaged and productive team members, and to represent the voice of the business and leverage stakeholder relationships to maximize the impact and effectiveness of People programs and create a cohesive employee experience.
- Understand the business as a whole and be proactive in supporting managers, employees, and broader People Operations team in creating a great workplace.
- Proactively builds relationships with business leaders and employees, gaining trust and credibility with key stakeholders.
- Be accountable for the delivery of core People Ops services: advising on team- or department-specific compensation, benefits, recruiting, organizational structure, and talent development strategies
- Partner with managers to build KPIs to help optimize their team’s engagement and productivity.
- Partner with managers and broader People Operations team to resolve sensitive employee-relations situations including conducting thoughtful, thorough, and objective investigations & termination processes.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, consulting with legal counsel as needed/required
- Coach, counsel and guide management on the execution of performance management, feedback, and follow-up.
- Lead and support wider People Ops initiatives for assigned client groups.
- BA / BS degree or higher
- 7-10 years experience
- Hands-on leadership in a rapidly growing organization with successful experience scaling an organization during a rapid growth phase
- Thrives on designing new, scalable processes and procedures and help us develop new way to deal with existing issues
- Deep experience with hiring, onboarding, talent management & training, retention, off-boarding, diversity, and compensation & benefits administration, plus a general familiarity with a wide range of HR and Recruiting policies, practices, and trends
- Enjoys a “roll up your sleeves” environment and is comfortable working with ambiguity
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on style, passion, humor, empathy, and maturity
- Personality that exudes warmth, caring, and passion, as well as natural ability to build and manage strong relationships quickly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment