Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
Our people are the secret to our award-winning work. The Talent Group is responsible for ensuring that Work & Co maintains its record of attracting and retaining the top talent in the industry. As a main point of contact for employees, the Talent Manager is responsible for supporting employees from their first day through their tenure with us, ensuring employees have what they need to focus on their craft.
Our new Talent Manager is both professional and approachable, understanding that we’re not looking to add steps and bureaucracy to our HR function, but instead to make our employees’ lives easier. They are an effective and confident communicator as they usher employees through onboarding, benefit management, and training/development-- all while looking out for new ways we can better support our teams.
The right candidate for this role is obsessed with the employee experience. He or she understands that the talent processes and programs should reflect Work & Co brand. They bring to every interaction empathy and a deep understanding of our distinct values. You help us to keep the standards high and maintain an environment where all employees are extraordinary at their craft, value the power of diversity and inclusion, and above all, are good human beings.
What You Can Expect to Do
- Collaborate closely with full Talent and Operations teams to plan for and onboard cross-functional new hires into Work & Co delivering a thoughtful first-day experience
- Manage existing Work & Co benefits (including insurance, 401k, learning stipends, and parental leave) and develop new programs to further support our employees
- Oversee annual open enrollment, including company communications, information sessions, and documentation.
- Support current employees and new hires through their visa applications and renewal workflows
- Manage employment documentation and existing talent processes/policies while providing guidance on improvements to better support employees and adjustments to adapt to evolving employment law considerations.
- Develop, plan, and track robust training and development opportunities for employees across studios.
What We’re After
- 4+ years experience as an HR professional or in a similar role with a successful track record of supporting top talent through benefits and programs that allow them to focus on their craft rather than process and bureaucracy. Agency or start-up experience is a big plus!
- Demonstrated self-starter comfortable trying new things, quick to learn new skills, and able to proactively identify new opportunities.
- Knowledge of HR best practices and ever-changing landscape of employment requirements
- Someone who thrives is highly organized. You have the ability to manage multiple tasks with ease, strategically prioritize them, and analyze opportunities to make recommendations on new approaches.
- Familiarity with software like Greenhouse, BambooHR, and Maxwell
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - a demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and solutions in a clear and simple manner to a variety of audiences.
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.