Giant Machines is a software consulting firm based in NYC. Our clients include financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies, and startups. GM’s product approach is user-focused, design forward. Our applications are well thought out, beautiful products that are also technically sound, well documented, and performant.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional to help us as we enter a new phase of growth and look to expand our team by 50% over the next 18 months. You’ll work closely with senior leadership and become an integral part of what makes Giant Machines an amazing company for employees and clients alike. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
- Become the go-to resource for managers and employees on all things HR, including: payroll, benefits, employee performance, career planning, conflict resolution, coaching and development.
- Partner with the leadership team to help shape company culture and grow the team dynamic
- Help us expand, refine, and document our HR policies and procedures
- Coordinate all phases of our existing recruiting process and evaluate new approaches
- Champion our diversity goals and help build an inclusive and healthy work environment
- Collaborate with leadership to develop our compensation strategy and planning
- Develop and execute a great onboarding process for all new hires
- Coordinate annual reviews and employee development efforts such as 1on1s, manager 360s
- Implement employee feedback and retention efforts
- Assist in planning and executing company events and celebrations
- Stay up-to-date on HR best practices and help ensure compliance with all federal, state and local requirements
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You have 3+ years proven experience as an HR professional or in a similar role, and at least 1 year of direct employee relations experience
- You’re motivated, enthusiastic and driven - taking initiative to engage challenges, solve problems, and
consistently improve employee experience and company culture
- You carefully balance between procedural, empathetic and pragmatic approaches to every situation or problem
- You’re a conscious listener and calm, thoughtful communicator that always remains professional
- You take pride in your ability to organize, prioritize and execute on whatever you take on
- You’ve got a passion for continued learning and improving yourself and the people around you
- You know when to zoom-in (get down to the details) and zoom-out (see the bigger picture) but you’re comfortable either way
- You’ve got a solid understanding of general HR policies and procedures, and knowledge of relevant employment/labor laws
While working with us, you'll collaborate with highly-skilled, highly-motivated designers, developers and professionals. Join a company that really values and respects every member of our team and recognizes they are GM’s most valuable assets.
Recruitment Agencies: Giant Machines does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.